Bug alert: There might be aphids or other bugs in the napa cabbage or the choi. If you soak the veggies in some salt water the bugs should float to the top. I generally just briskly swish the veggies around in water and the aphids, if there are any, let go.
Today's veggies include:
- A quart of potatoes. These are the last of the crop from 2012.
- A bunch of carrots - they don't get better than this.
- A quart of onions. This is a bit more than we generally distribute but I thought you might like them.
- A bunch of choi - this is optional because it really did take a beating with the freeze. It is really very tasty even though it might look bad. I would cook this up tonight or tomorrow night if you take it.
- A head of napa cabbage. Some are more like large open plants but they're still good. I have a recipe for asian cabbage on the recipe blog that you might like to try.
- 2 large daikon radishes. Cut these up and eat raw or shred and make a salad or use like a root veg and add to a stew.
- Spinach or salad mix or both if there's enough
- Thyme - if it's not dead. Last week it looked good but the cold snap might have changed things
- Spicy peppers - either cayenne or aji or, upon request only, ghost. These are dried.