Hi all -
Last week's weather was so favorable for planting that I didn't get around to posting about the box contents. Here's this week's list:
- A bunch of radishes - combination of Cherry Belle, Shunkyo (semi-long) and Hailstone.
- A bunch of turnips - these are Hakurei. They're a smaller turnip which grows quickly and is sweet. Try them raw with a little salt. Nathan eats them like an apple and can't get enough of them. They're also good to add to stir frys - kind of like a water chestnut.
- Arugula - red band
- Spinach - bag
- Swiss Chard - blue band
- A large bunch of Kale - green band. This includes some large stems. If you saute them first for a while (add some water to steam) then add the leaves, the stems will soften and are tasty. Some are too woody to eat but most are great.
- Lettuce - leaf lettuce in a bag
- Choi - some of this includes flowers - cut them and put them in a vase or eat them. They're tasty and pretty. You can sprinkle them into a salad for a nice burst of color.