Here's the list for the week - enjoy!
This week's box weighs about 15 lbs.
- One large bunch of carrots - these are Sugarsnax and are very long
- Smaller bunch of collards
- Large bunch of chard
- 5 or 6 summer squash - combo of 8 Ball, Starship Pattypan, Cozelle, Baby Bush, Tigress, Yellow Neck and Straight Neck (yes, we have a lot of squash)
- 3 or 4 cukes - Adam or Marketmore
- one head garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 box of tomatoes (on the table)
- 1 head of cabbage for Wednesday. Saturday might be lettuce - not sure. The cabbage will be either Early Cabbage which is green and dense or Famosa which is a savoyed cabbage (crinkly leaves)
- 1 or two sweet peppers (in the box)
Optional/Choice Items include:
- Possibly some spicy peppers. Please be sure you know what you're taking (don't assume they're sweet).
- A box of Either - beans (a mix of Northeaster (flat and surprisingly sweet) and Kentucky Wonder), eggplant or New Zealand spinach. The New Zealand spinach is good sauteed. I cut up the stalk and all into 2" pieces and sauteed. The leaves are very tasty, the stalks are crunchy and a little bitter but are still good. Some people like to discard the stalks. If you take eggplant, try making baba ganoosh (sp?) or ratatouille or eggplant parmesan.
- There will probably be a little broccoli out - not sure
- Herbs - Basil (lots), rosemary (some), thyme, oregano, mint, tarragon, and/or lavendar
- Flowers - Probably 3 to 5 stems - check the notes. If these aren't out and you'd like some, please find me and I'll help.