- Parsnips - these were just dug Tuesday. Use as you would potatoes - roasted or mashed, etc.
- Spinach - another double bag. It should be enough to use in cooking. An interesting idea I recently heard is to toss the greens into your pasta water (maybe in the last minute of the pasta's cooking time).
- A large bunch of choi. This is the last of that planting so you won't see this for awhile.
- A bunch of kale and/or kale blooms. Treat as broccoli - eat fresh or cooked.
- A bunch of chard
- A bag of lettuce - either leaf romaine or Black Seeded Simpson (green leaf)
- A bunch of mustard - try making pesto, it's really good on sandwiches or as a side with eggs, etc.
- A bag of salad mix (this is a combo of kale, Yukina Savoy, flowers, escarole (looks like lettuce but it's not), and a little mizuna).
- A bunch of chives
- A bunch of cilantro
- A bunch of parsley
- A head or 2 of garlic
Week 2, Spring Session, March 28, 2012
Yesterday's distribution was another large quantity. I'm distributing a bit more than usual so I hope this doesn't overwhelm people. If you can't use it all in a week, you can always blanche and freeze it for use later. Or make a soup and freeze the soup.