- A bunch of kale
- A bunch of chard
- A bunch of arugula
- A large bag of lettuce - this is going to need to be soaked in a sink to fully clean it.
- Some cabbage - these are small heads of famosa cabbage which is a savoyed cabbage.
- Either tomatillos or eggplant
- Beans - we shelled some of the larger yard-long beans for lunch today. Then I sauteed them in some oil. They were kind of dry - like a cooked fava - and crunchy. It added a nice texture to the slaw and kale.
- Sweet peppers
- Spicy peppers
- Winter squash - either acorn or spaghetti or carnival. There will be only one more serving of squash this season. The squash didn't do well at all. At least we have some.
- A head of garlic
- A large bunch of choi
- A large handful each of cilantro
- A large handful of basil
- A large handful of parsley
- Herbs - tarragon, thyme, oregano, & sage
- U-Pick flowers - enjoy them before the frost!
Week 17, 9/21 & 9/24
This week's box contains the following: