Here's the list and a few comments about today's box:
- 1 quart potatoes - mostly Kennebec which is a white potato and a few boxes of Red Pontiac
- 1 bag frozen sour kraut - this is a bit salty so you might want to rinse. Thaw it out. Soak in water, drain. Then I simmer it in a sauce pan on the stove with 1/2 can or more of beer and 2 - 3 juniper berries or 2-3 whole allspice.
- 1 bag spinach
- A double bag of carrots - these are baby carrots. You should remove the tops in order to keep them for any length of time
- A bag of salad mix - this week I didn't wash it because it tends to rot when stored wet in the bag. It's a combo of lettuce, mustard, arugula, choi and yukina savoy. Very tasty and will hold up well to flavorful dressings and also great with simply oil, vinegar, salt & pepper
- A bag of chick weed - I know, it's a terrible connotation to call something a weed but isn't this any plant growing where you didn't intend for it to grow? This requires extensive rinsing but it's really good sauteed. One member told me she adds it to egg salad. Another said she added it to a quiche.
- A bag of choi. The bases are rotting out so just cut that part off. This is good sauteed or steamed or even fresh.
- Some spicy peppers
Enjoy! Please let me know if you have any questions.