- Your choice of butternut squash or acorn squash or jack-o-lantern - the jack-o-lantern is also edible. Try roasting any of these seeds. I soak in salt water for a few hours, strain and then roast at 180 for about an hour.
- A box of tomatoes
- A bunch of leeks or a very large green onion. The tops are edible, especially the green onion tops. Try using the leek tops for soup stock.
- A bunch of carrots
- Either Napa Cabbage or a head of Wakefield Cabbage or other cabbage
- A bunch of chard
- A bunch of arugula - yellow band or in a bag
- A bunch of beets or a kohl rabi
- A head of garlic
- Radishes if available
- A bunch of kale or collards - green band
- Either a bunch of tatsoi or joi choi - these are very tasty sauteed - a mild asian green.
- Spicy peppers - maybe sweet as well.
- U-pick flowers from either the east garden or the red zinnias in the front garden.
- Herbs as available.
Week 18 - September 29 & October 2
This week's Box is projected to contain: