- 3/4 lb of beans
- Cherry tomatoes
- A slicing tomato
- Winter squash (either spaghetti or delicata) - cut these in half, lengthwise, and place face down in a baking dish and add a little water (1/4"). Bake at 350 until fork-tender. The skin on the delicata is edible. When done, scoop out squash and eat with a little salt and pepper, maybe some cheese.
- a sweet pepper
- either okra or eggplant or cucumber or tongue of fire beans or beets. This week Tuesday members will receive the beans, next week it will be Wed. These are a shelling bean and are in between dry and fresh beans - we simmered them in water for about 20 minutes. I think if you added salt to the water it would be tasty but we didn't. They were a bit dry but very good added to a salad with some dressing. A nutty, bean. Enjoy!
- Summer squash - yes, some are quite large. Try a zucchini boat (stuff it and bake it in the oven) or slice and grill - that's a great way to eat it.
- a bunch of carrots - these are a smaller variety - they are small but are fully mature.
- A bunch of chard
- A bunch of lacinato (or dinosaur) kale
- spicy peppers (3 - 4 serranos or peppinos or padron or a combo)
- a bunch of radishes
- a head of famosa cabbage (this makes a great wrap - Dave made nice stuffed cabbage rolls last year with this)
- parsley (enough for taboulleh), some basil
- a small bunch of flowers
Week 13 - August 20 & 21
This week we are distributing the following: