- A bunch of collards
- Almost a pound of beans (purple, Northeaster (large, flat beans. If you haven't tried these, you should. They're my favorite), Kentucky Wonder).
- A quart of tomatoes - sliceing tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and saladettes.
- A quart of potatoes - today is Adirondack Blue which are fun
- About 1 pound of onions. The yellow onions are Stuttgarters which are superb sauteed. Red ones are also tasty either fresh or cooked.
- Either a quart of Tongue of Fire beans (see last week's comments on how to cook), okra or an english cucumber
- 5 - 7 spicy pepeprs. Today we have peppinos (start out sweet and end with a kick) or serranos (spicy but very tasty).
- Either poblano or sweet bell peppers
- 2 slicing tomatoes
- A box of squash or a jumbo summer squash
- A bunch of beets
- A bunch of kale
- Some basil
Week 14 - fall!
OK - here's the run down for this week: