BUG INFO – There aren’t too many bugs on – check the carrots for black spots at the top & cut out if they’re there. Also, there might be some dead flea beetles in the kale/collards – I sprayed with Pyrethrin 2 days ago.
NOTE: Please ignore the labels on the baggies. You should check inside to see what’s in the bag.
Your Pre-Packaged Box this week includes:
• Kale – about ¾ lb – tied with green rubber band.
• Collards – about 1/3 lb – tied with red rubber band
• One or 2 cooking onions
• A small bunch of green onions
• A nice bunch of medium sized carrots – try sautéing these in oil with some salt & a little water to steam them.
• 2 or 3 sweet peppers (not bagged) – may include a green, sweet banana and/or gypsy pepper
• A bag of spicy peppers which may include: jalapeno, pablano (large green spicy pepper), cayenne (skinny red pepper), or mole (longer thin greenish-purple pepper – about 8” long)
• A little over a pound of green and yellow wax beans (in bag)
• A baggie of basil
• 6 or 7 summer squash (cozelle (green), crook neck (yellow) and early prolific (yellow))
• About 6 cucumbers
• 1 or 2 tomatoes – Either Brandywine (darker), Early Girl, San Marzano (roma), or Delicious
• A small bag of salad greens which includes lettuce, Arugula and beet thinnings
Optional/extra Items – Please take:
• Optional herbs – sage, thyme, oregano, mint, dill, lavender
• Snap peas
• A baseball bat (large squash)
• Extra summer squash
• A bouquet of flowers – calendula, snap dragons, zinnias or sunflowers
• There are 4 Little Finger egg plants and 2 Okra – take them if you’d like.